Thoughts on adding a Super tweeter .

I have posted something like this before,but thought I may ask for follow up input.
I already have a superb tweeter,ruler flat to 25khz(titanium),yet wonder if something like the Townshend(it starts to come in above 20 khz,and goes out to a zillion khz,almost)or Murata(comes in at 15 khz,Too low?, goes to a trillion,just kidding btw,)would add "real world"enhancements to my existing set-up.I have NO problems,with high freq performance,as of now,yet in this hobby,one can always be surprised.
Any thoughts would be most appreciated!

Best!
sirspeedy70680e509

Showing 1 response by sirspeedy70680e509

Cjsmithmd,et al...The reason for my post was for a couple of reasons(thanks to all,for responding).I have heard the Townshends(I like the Muratas,but they come in too low,to consider)in a fellow music lover's wonderful set-up.He was sporting the "shockingly good" Sonus Faber Extremas,a design long since gone(what a mistake,to discontinue these),and since I believe those had a tweeter roll off of 17khz,he gave the Townshends their day in court.BOY,the difference was NOT subtle.Better air/texture!For sure!Much more palpable.
So,with the non- stop talk of Berrylium/Diamond tweets,I simply felt,maybe,I could get that extra something,I read so much about.Bear in mind I felt my own speakers,which are flat to 25khz,had more air/extension,than the stock Extremas,but the Townshend demo was amazing.
Now,some time ago I added a Rel Stentor sub,to integrate with my system.I have my speakers almost 9 feet out from the rear wall,and have a very deep "stage presentation".However,as my speaker is a sealed box design,I suspected I could gain a touch(that's all I was looking for)of added heft/depth,in the lowest frequencies.
My friends were all dead set against this,as my speakers are amazingly fast,and articulate in the midbass.They did not think I could get a good blend.They were wrong,thankfully.Though it took me a long time to get past the "WOW I have loads of bass,and isn't it fun" factor.The blend is now,absolutely seamless,and hence my having a sneaky suspicion that I could pull a "touch" more off,in high freq air,or whatever.
Believe me,I could be making a mistake here,and am aware of it,as the Townshend comes in,and will overlap my own tweets by about 5khz.This can be trouble,and if my bass experience is an example(any overlap in low frequencies came off as "tubbyness") I can easily screw up something I have no actual criticisms of.YET,AND YET...I am always trying to push the envelope,and believe in my system.This could spell trouble,but as I see it,I may have to scratch the issue,or take a trial run.
I hope to get some meaningful feedback by those(few?)who have possibly tried or heard a supertweeter on a speaker with an,already extended high freq response.
Thanks,so much.