Thoughts about buying a Bedini 100

Hello to all...

Have never had a tube amp. 2 vintage Bedini amps for sale close to me: Bedini 100 for $500, Bedini 150 for $900...

Thoughts/suggestions for those with vintage tube amp experience, especially Bedini owner/former owners.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions...
insearchofprat
You are missing a chance to buy two amps that can still compete with any of today's 4 figure amps! I have a 25/25 and a 150/150. Depending upon their past usage the power supply caps may not need immediate replacement.
I sent an email asking about their new Q series. I was very interested. Zero replies, not a good sign for buyer confidence.

I had a Bedini 100/100 and wish I still did. While you would never mistake it for a tube amp, it’s a great sounding solid state amp with the tightest bass you’ll ever hear.
Both John and Gary Bedini have passed away! As far as I know the company is gone! Will Vincent (autospec) in Idaho might know more. These are great amps and shouldn't be forgotten!
I used to have the 25/25.
they do run pretty warm, not sure if its possible or not, but before you buy can you check the main filter caps? If not,  then you have to assume they may need some work.

you can buy an ESR meter pretty inexpensively these days. a quick read will tell you if those main filter caps are shot or still good.

if you buy the amp, you may want to set aside some funds for new caps. they are not cheap and the newer caps are likely to be much smaller in physical size than the originals, so some crafting may be required to get them installed and wired up.