Thorens TD-147 endless possibilities?

Hello Gentlemen,

I am the new owner of a Thorens TD-147 turntable. I was wondering in all your wisdoms, what the glass ceiling is likely to be with this turntable, upgrading arms and cartridges, mm vs mc, isolation, etc. What is worth doing, what is not, what would be like tricking out a 79 parisienne station wagon with those spinning 26" rims.
I know I may be jumping the gun a bit as the unit has not actually arrived yet, but I am always looking for new things to obsess and loose sleep over.....and learn about, which explains my venture into vinyl in the first place, but there is so much stuff out there in the analog realm, I would really appreciate any advice you may have gained over the years.

I am examining the record cleaning thing at the moment and getting burnout.

Thanks again.
hanaleimike

Showing 2 responses by jaybo

great table...stock arm is nice as well(underrated)..track down a thorens outboard power suuply to replace the wall wart.....pick up an extra wand as well to allow you to have an easy switch on cartridges....any quality mm will works fine.
table 'extras' pop up regularly on ebay...sometimes new old stock....lp gear had some extras at one time..they still may have some... the sumiko blue point or bp2 is a nice match. fire it up and give it a listen. i think you'll find it is a steal in today's marketplace.