@goofyfoot Regarding the P6...
Having been down the Rega path and never really being happy (until I applied the tweaks below) I would opt for another brand like...
- Clear Audio Concept - with arm $1600
- Music Hall MMF 7.3 - with arm $1400-$1600
- Sota Commet - with arm $1600
I bought the Rega Planar 2 in 1982 and spent 30+ years trying to "make it right" by applying with the following tweaks
- replaced the original "S" arm with the RB240,
- then replaced the harness in the RB240
- got the Michell Technoweight, which improved arm tracking
- finally replaced the RB240 with the Audiomods Classic - finally got VTA - AND antiskate that actually worked
- Platter - the glass is a good idea for minimizing wow/flutter, but it rang like a bell - the acrylic works much better
- sub platter - replaced the Rega plastic sub-platter with a metal one - what an improvement
- got a new ceramic bearing - now it’s quiet
- replaced the plinth - which stopped all the unwanted vibrations
- replaced the motor - finally consistent speed
But despite all of that I still have to apply the "Rega Nudge" to get the platter up to speed quickly and reduce belt wear.
The Audiobods Classic arm uses a Rega arm tube - and that;s where any similarity to the Rega arm ends. The arm is an amazing performer.
Jeff at Audiomods can probably make a mounting plate for your TT. He’s pretty knowledgeable about most things TT related - email him and ask his opinion about yout TT, he’ll let you know if the TT is worth the expense.
The arm will elevate your TT into a whole new level of performance.
Here’s a link detailing my current TT modshttp://image99.net/blog/files/04fdba8476cfd21bdd7a5fdf38c8cdf5-28.html
Hope that inspires you :-)