This question is aimed to TRUE Elec Engineers, not fuse or wire directionality believers.

Has any of you ACTUALLY worked with and recommend a SSR which does not introduce any audible distortion on the speaker line and which can operate with a large range of trigger voltages (12 - 48 VDC, may need to have on board voltage regulator for this range).  I am building a speaker DC protector and do not want to use electro mechanical relays becoz of DC arcing and contact erosion issues.  It needs to be capable of switching up to 15 amps at about 100 volts.

Only TRUE engineers reply please.

Thanks

128x128cakyol
Hi Gibbs
I was referring to the main drivers that will burn, I am well aware of the audio bypass cap on tweeters...which wont pass dc.ANDthere are speakers out there with a resistor to limit the tops, so they could be smoked.Many retro speaker systems used a resistor on the tops.
@cakyol

Please look at the link I posted. It should answer your questions regarding the use of solid state relays in audio amps. 

3:18am
Hi Gibbs
I was referring to the main drivers that will burn, I am well aware of the audio bypass cap on tweeters...which wont pass dc.ANDthere are speakers out there with a resistor to limit the tops, so they could be smoked.Many retro speaker systems used a resistor on the tops.

A simple in line fuse will protect your main drivers that have no blocking capacitor.    I have much experience with this as well.
I would recommend getting any older full sized soundcraftsman amp And take it apart.   if your goal is to kill the dc at the rails before it reaches the speakers they did this back in the 80s