This is the way to release an album on vinyl...

I just picked up "Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga" by Spoon on vinyl. First of all, they claim this is a 180 gram release, but I'm about to dig out a balance, as this is the thickest, heaviest "180 gram release" release in my collection. The pressing is phenominal - ultra quiet between tracks (including the lead in), and sonically brilliant. As a bonus, the music doesn't suck, either. I hate to say it, but I'm "Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga".
128x128nrenter
there is a 'bottle neck' or 'hour glass' situation with vinyl. a few pressing plants and more scheduled releases than they can handle. with that situation there are mistakes.
There's a LOT of this current stuff out there - heavy vinyl, decent pressings, great music. Pretty cool.

See -
Against Me! "New Wave"
Paramour "Riot"
Radiohead "Rainbows"
She Wants Revenge "She Wants Revenge"
Killers "Sawdust"
MGMT "Oracular Spectacular"
etc.
I bought Yep Roc's 180g reissue of Nick Lowe's "Jesus of Cool" and it's a terrific pressing except the records are absolutely filthy - I don't own a cleaning machine, and I've spent about an hour so far trying to get this clean with various cleaning solutions and brushes.
add THE RACONTEURS ~ CONSOLERS OF LONLEY and CAT POWER ~ JUKEBOX to the list; picked both of these up recently and couldn't be happier

I literally blurted out when first putting the platter on ... "soooo heaaavvvyyy"
I loved the Spoons album, have it on CD, mixed a little too loudly like many albums. I have no idea how the In Rainbows sounds on vinyl but I hope it's better then the CD. The CD is HORRID. I was VERY disappointed with Radiohead and Nigel Godrich.