This is purely subjective opinion. Aqua LaScala/ Atma-Sphere Class D

The last couple weeks I’ve been listening to my Atma-Sphere Class D amps. I added the Aqua LaScala and set of ECC801S Tele’s. And I can say this is a magical combination.  The Atma-Sphere are simply amazing. Probably the best Class D on the market. But when fed by the LaScala DAC and the Tele’s it was like wow. Bringing the system to an entirely new level. I can not believe how transparent this system is. And how real Sax, Piano and female vocals sound. Had a Music Teacher over tonight. She teaches Piano on the side. She couldn’t believe how George Winston’s Steinway sounded. She said she’s never heard a Steinway reproduced that close before. BTW she has a Steinway Grand in her home. Tomorrow I’ll be adding a Innous PheonixUSB too the mix. The Atma-Sphere Class D is the best Class D I’ve ever heard in my system. And as close to OTL as you’ll ever get without going OTL. And I’ve had plenty of Class D amps in the system.  The Aqua LaScala is an excellent DAC. Great addition to the system. I’d strongly suggest if your looking for a really nice DAC…. This should be on the short list.  And it really shines with the Telefunken ECC801s tubes. Anyone else out there have opinions on the Aqua LaScala?

Running Roon, dedicated core, Atma-Sphere MP-3 3.3 with Vcaps and Caddocks

128x128pstores

I have the La Voce S2 and it's fantastic. I can't imagine how much better the La Scala is.

@holmz thanks it’s taken my years to slowly acquire a nice system like I have. Need to sell a few more pieces of gear and maybe get a Linq to go with the system. 

@jerryg123  what is your take on the difference between the two? They are both on my short list.  I'm presently using a Cambridge Audio Cxnv2 with Modwright Truth Mod and really like the sound.  My system is primarily all tubes.