This is for Georgehifi especially but others can chime in.

I am buying Dynaudio C-1 Platinums and would like an ideal amp. Which would you choose? I prefer solid state. Separates or integrated. If you could recommend a few optimum choices that would be great. Based on my short couple years on here you strike me as very knowledgable on the subject. My dealer wants me on Pass Labs. Incidentally right now I have the Devialet 400 and I’m pretty sure you are not a fan of this type of amp. Any of your wisdom is appreciated. Thanks, Mike

128x128bubba12
Post removed 
Post removed 

You two really need to update your semiconductor knowledge.

Upvoted by, MSEE Electrical Engineering & Circuit and System, Master of Science in Electrical Engineering (2015) and M.S Electrical Engineering, University of Southern California (2017)

Pros for BJT:
"BJT’s at the same physical dimensions and price can usually give you a lot higher speed, as they have very little input capacitance.

BJT’s can give you a lot higher gain. Just take a bunch of components and compare them, and you’ll find the BJT’s give you better gain characteristics and therefore require fewer gain stages.

BJT amplifier stages are much more linear than MOSFET amplifier stages, as the gain doesn’t depend on the bias voltage. This gives better fidelity.

BJT’s are capable of handling higher output currents for signal outputs and can have lower output impedance. In amplifiers intended to drive a low input impedance load or deliver significant amounts of power, this is a huge advantage. Many of the highest quality op amps are made with a BiCMOS process using a BJT pair for the output buffer stage."

Cons for MOSFET:
"Not as high of fidelity as BJT, since the gain will vary slightly as you increase the input voltage (that is, it will generate some very weak harmonics).

Input capacitance. The higher the gain, the greater the input capacitance thanks to the Miller effect.

Can’t drive a low-impedance load very well.

Low gain per part, which often means more amplification stages are necessary for higher gain, even when using advanced design techniques. Each amplification stage adds noise -- that is, you can never, ever get a better signal-to-noise ratio at the output than at the input."

I believe the OP has everything he needs, and doesn’t need the BS from the F5/Mosfet lovers, which I’ve heard and are great amps, if used within their comfort zone with preamps with high’ish gain and speakers not too low in EPDR load impedance’s and moderately efficient, because of wattage limitations.

Hope you got everything you needed bubba12
Unfollowing this corrupted thread.
Cheers George

Post removed 
I need opinions on the Odyssey Stratos Extreme mono amps for powering the Dynaudio C-1 Platinum speakers. I have purchases a set based on things I’ve heard.