This is for Georgehifi especially but others can chime in.

I am buying Dynaudio C-1 Platinums and would like an ideal amp. Which would you choose? I prefer solid state. Separates or integrated. If you could recommend a few optimum choices that would be great. Based on my short couple years on here you strike me as very knowledgable on the subject. My dealer wants me on Pass Labs. Incidentally right now I have the Devialet 400 and I’m pretty sure you are not a fan of this type of amp. Any of your wisdom is appreciated. Thanks, Mike

128x128bubba12
Oh? You think 10kOhm is a great impedance for a source to be looking at?

99% of sources, Yes, Yes and Yes again, unless you have a tube source with massively high unacceptable 3kohm'ish output impedance.

Just don't tell me how uncolored they are because that's a demonstrably false statement.
You'll never know, with your low gain amps, and using 25kohm passives, you can take that to the bank. .

Cheers George

Post removed 
kosst_amojanWhy do you keep assuming I've used a passive? I never have and I never will.
Really!!! now this is a laugh, from statements like this below.

kosst_amojanCan we clear something up? All passives basically suck.

You really need to, with the right setup, and not using such a low gain amp as you have. Then you will have an ear opening experience, and will be enlightened. End of story. 

Cheers George 

Post removed 
Forgive me if I'm not interested
Your forgiven, the day will come for you, till then you'll just have to live with what you have, because in your own words, you have not known any better.

Cheers George