This is for Georgehifi especially but others can chime in.

I am buying Dynaudio C-1 Platinums and would like an ideal amp. Which would you choose? I prefer solid state. Separates or integrated. If you could recommend a few optimum choices that would be great. Based on my short couple years on here you strike me as very knowledgable on the subject. My dealer wants me on Pass Labs. Incidentally right now I have the Devialet 400 and I’m pretty sure you are not a fan of this type of amp. Any of your wisdom is appreciated. Thanks, Mike

128x128bubba12
Post removed 

Your statement " All passives basically suck" is your own problem with your system/amp gain structure. Live with it.

Cheers George
Post removed 
You state "All passives basically suck".

You have a problem sunshine that you need to address before you can make such a statement.

You you say your power amp gain is only 15db, this is half of what most amps are and is not passive friendly.

Who said 25kohm passive??? You should not have tried 25kohm passive, should have been 10kohm, as this is a match for any poweramp with industry standard of 47kohm input impedance or higher, and your source hopefully is low output impedance, not high impedance tube. 

So basically you suck it up and don't even go passive and complain about them or you fix your problems and maybe just maybe you may see the light.
That passives can be more transparent more dynamic and less coloured than any active pre with or without gain.

Cheers George
Post removed