This is for Georgehifi especially but others can chime in.

I am buying Dynaudio C-1 Platinums and would like an ideal amp. Which would you choose? I prefer solid state. Separates or integrated. If you could recommend a few optimum choices that would be great. Based on my short couple years on here you strike me as very knowledgable on the subject. My dealer wants me on Pass Labs. Incidentally right now I have the Devialet 400 and I’m pretty sure you are not a fan of this type of amp. Any of your wisdom is appreciated. Thanks, Mike

128x128bubba12
Post removed 
All passives basically suck.
Your First Watt amps have very little or no gain, I can see this maybe your reason behind this statement.
But that’s your opinion, and you are entitled to it.
It is a totally incorrect statement if there is no impedance mismatch or gain problems as First Watt amps will have, there is only transparency, dynamics, and distortion advantages over any active/buffered preamp with or without gain.

As quoted by Nelson Pass:
" What could be better? Hardly any noise or distortion added by these simple passive parts. No feedback, no worrying about what type of capacitors – just musical perfection."

Cheers George
@dsremer  I will be getting 260.8 monos from Pass Labs or 60.8. The XA 25 is not enough juice. I agree. I will have plebty with monos. I am going to stick with the XP 12 preamp. I’m enjoying all the suggestions and interesting asides on this thread.Thankyou everybody.
Post removed 
My F5 has about 15.5dB of gain.
Say yes!!! about half normal power amps.
Which is very low for a poweramp, and why your experience with passives is understandable, and why you need the gain of an active pre.

As Nelson said: " "We’ve got lots of gain in our electronics. More gain than some of us need or want. At least 10 db more."  

And there’s no need for active buffers, on passives if there’s no impedance mismatch.

Cheers George