This is for Georgehifi especially but others can chime in.

I am buying Dynaudio C-1 Platinums and would like an ideal amp. Which would you choose? I prefer solid state. Separates or integrated. If you could recommend a few optimum choices that would be great. Based on my short couple years on here you strike me as very knowledgable on the subject. My dealer wants me on Pass Labs. Incidentally right now I have the Devialet 400 and I’m pretty sure you are not a fan of this type of amp. Any of your wisdom is appreciated. Thanks, Mike

128x128bubba12
gpgr4blu638 posts01-15-2018 1:06pmgpgr4blu"...your inability to curb your salesmanship is bothersome as are your long winded defenses to why you cannot or will not stop. Your belief is that you are not selling but doing a service to posters..."

It is the established protocol clearly defined under the applicable terms that determine the use of this forum that dealers of audio equipment as well as manufacturers of audio equipment are permitted to post in this forum. If you have a sincere complaint regarding any single poster here or a group of posters in this forum you should bring your considered objections to the direct attention of this group’s experienced moderators who will then assuredly act accordingly unless you are yourself one of the moderators of this group it is not your roll to limit discussions herein you are welcome.
Just like everything else all of us have an opinion. I just don’t understand why Audio Doctor’s postings bothers people so much. We know he’s a dealer and as such will promote what he sells. Don’t "we" have enough sense to take what he says with a "big grain of salt"? I take every recommendation with a grain of salt and hope people take what I say with a grain of salt. Dealer or not, we have our own biases! I’ve talked to him several times and have challenged him on several recommendations, because in my system I had already compared the cables in question and preferred the product he said was so inferior. He has an opinion just like anyone else. I would love to visit his store and hear some of the components he talks about and decide their merits with my own ears. Listening to different components is how I learn and grow in this hobby.
Hi Clearthink:
If only the moderators would act accordingly. As long as they permit Audiotroy to sell, I will continue to exercise my right to comment.
No Grgr4blu there really is a Troy. As per other dealers who knows how many apparent posters are mysterously posting certain threads that favor certain dealers? Where then that dealer can chime in with their persepective?

As per selling, there would be none of this is instead guys like Grgr4blu start with some of the replies that you come out with.

Most of our posts are like hey why don’t you check out X, Y or Z at these products might really work for you.

As per one famous Grgr4blu tiff, a guy with a tiny 10 *17 room was inquiring about Wilson Alexias, which will not work for that size room, we suggested he find a set of Persona 9H which will work in a tiny room due to active room correction or a set of Legacy Aeris same reason, and boom a huge back and forth.

Hey Grgr4blu why don’t you get off your high horse and let the OP find out for themselves what they will and won’t like, and that may consider some of the products we represent or not or mention or not.

As per twoleftears or Wolf Garcia, not coming in for a visit, who are you hurting? Not us, we got plenty of people who like us, see the recent addition to one of the threads expousing our approach.
ronrags112 posts01-14-2018 7:37pmI had a very unusual but wonderful experience visiting Dave, the Audio Doctor. Unusual by means of his home and business in a Victorian home in Jersey City. I arrived 15 minutes early for an 11am appointment on Sunday and was greeted by his down to earth and friendly wife. We spoke for about 15 minutes discussing this old Victorian home while Dave was getting prepared for my arrival. She offered something to drink and I asked for a cup of tea in which she complied graciously. The house was set up with a large variety of top named components in different rooms ranging in prices from affordable to very expensive. I didn’t feel I was in a showroom but in a friend’s living room which added to the experience.

Next up, Dave himself, one of the nicest and enthusiastic person you want to meet. For the next 2 hours we spoke about audio equipment and his knowledge was quite impressive. He worked at some of the high-end audio shops in Manhattan I use to visit with my brother back in the 70s and 80s. I felt as if i was speaking to an old friend. I guess we both got caught up in our interest and enthusiasm of audio equipment that I almost forgot why I was there in the first place. Not once during this time period did Dave try to sell anything. The next hour we discussed music servers and Dacs and did some listening.

But what blew me away, Dave offered to bring some components we discussed to my home to audition. Wow, talk about great service! After over 40 years of auditioning audio equipment at many showrooms in the New York area, I cannot recommend a better experience and the hospitality of the Audio Doctor.
Report thisjayctoy1,542 posts01-14-2018 10:13pmI find audiotroy very knowledgeable and informative, in this site. I learned when I read his post.Thank you for sharing your knowledge for free...

Twoleftears you are basing your opinion of us based on your opinions of a few people here who have never been to our store, or heard our products setup in our shop?

Or the fact that we are trying to recommend some of the best products in audio and some of these products are less expensive than many other ones. Good luck to you sir.

If I were you I would have had the opposite opinion, I would have wanted to see if the dealership was all that it was been cracked up to be and would have wanted to see what the experience was like and I might have called and had a conversation with the Audio Doctor guys and see for myself.

Too bad and good luck to you on your roadtrip, John is a very good dealer and he does know his stuff, our two shops are totally different and our product selection is way different. 
Thank you Ricrid1.

I think we recommended Isoacoustics to you they made a rather large difference in your system for a low cost didn’t they?

We test a lot of diffrent products al the time, and yes cables Richard cables are very system dependent on a dark sounding system the AQ might work out better, the Wireworld Platiniums in our tests had a wider soundstage and were overall better in definition and were a bit smoother.

However it is the total system voicing that will matter most and all pieces in the chain must work together.

You should try in Isotek Syncro going to your power conditioner made a rather large improvement on the systems we have tested it on.

Richard is a model of decorum, he has talked with us, and knows we have the client’s best needs at heart.

Notice we are not yelling motorcyle parts clearance, and some of the people who have read these posts have purchased these products not from us based on being on another part of the world or the country.