This is a brilliant interview of Keith

I really enjoyed this. Keith says other artists try hard to fill ever corner of a blank canvas but to Keith, less is more.

https://youtu.be/ceWWMfhAvD4

and there is only one legendary Keith in rock. The other, a drummer died years ago.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xshadorne
I prefer the late Keith Moon to Keith Richards.  Then again, I never cared for the Stones. 
A legend in his own mind. 😬  His funniest quip was when he introduced Chuck Berry at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, “Chuck Berry had a lot of great riffs and I stole every one of them.”
His philosophy is clear. Great art is not something you create in a vacuum nor can you ever claim art as your own. You learn from your idols or “cats” and then learn who are the cats that these cats learned from and so on. Back to Robert Johnson in Keith’s case.

Then you take your ideas to your artistic buddies (the band) who bring their own influences and ideas and you all let the creativity flow. Something smart or a clever idea always goes into the start of the process but what can come out is absolutely magical and transcendent.

And That folks is the magic of Rock - a very different artistic process from Classical composition. Imagine throwing an entire philharmonic together and just jamming!!!