Thinking of upgrading speakers, any suggestions?

What I look for is tonal accuracy, open and clear midrange and dynamics, as I feel these are the most important parameters that can give you impression of live sound, in other words a reproduced sound of live unamplified instrument is as real as possible, in all harmonic richness.
You know, kind of thing you hear from a nearby bar while walking down the street, you do not have to walk in to know there is a live band inside playing with no help of electronics.
Presently I own PMC IB2, and I am wondering if there is anything better in a range of up to 10K used / 15K new, if I can take it up a notch?
So far I have not heard anything better that impressed me to the point where I would be willing to make a purchase.
A few examples of sound I do not like at all, what comes out of any Sonus Faber (too dark and dull), any planar/static speakers (no dynamics), and any B&W (that midrange is giving me headaches, not to mention the rest), so anything that sounds like these is not my thing (and to make it clear, I do not want to get into pissing contest about speakers, I am merely expressing my preferences, so no hard feelings please from those that own speakers I mentioned as not likable).
What came close to but overall not better than what I have now is Avalon (up to and including ISIS), lacked a bit of dynamic freedom.
This is all obviously based on my limited exposure to the sound of speakers mentioned, but they simply failed to capture my attention, did not have that ultimate “live” factor.
Has anyone heard IB2s along with something else that may represent clear performance improvement?
sashav

Showing 1 response by rodman99999

These: (http://www.mbl-germany.de/Reference_html/101_e.html), with the right associated equipment, of course.