Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

troidelover1499

Welcome! Yes, Thiel Audio is no longer in business. On the bright side of Life, this thread has Mr. Tom Thiel and Mr. Rob Gillum (at Coherent Source Service, Lexington KY) to offer advice,repair and upgrade Services.

Happy Listening!

Ok guys i’ve been using the Isoacoustics Gaia 2 on my 3.7s for the last week with and without the carpet discs and i have to say i’m pretty disappointed at the moment.

With the carpet discs bass is very lean and tonality seems not right.

Also one thing i don’t like at all about the Gaia 2s is that you don’t hear the tweaks that you put into your system like yor exemple the Vertere Pulse HB Ethernet cable that i purchased lately which completely blew me away prior to the Gaia 2s well now i don’t hear it anymore.

Anyway this is my first take, i’ll have some friends over at my place next week we’ll see what they think.

For the time being i removed the Gaia 2s.

Also one thing i don’t like at all about the Gaia 2s is that you don’t hear the tweaks that you put into your system like yor exemple the Vertere Pulse HB Ethernet cable that i purchased lately which completely blew me away prior to the Gaia 2s well now i don’t hear it anymore.

Well...I might suggest that it's not the Gaias to blame for not hearing differences with an expensive "audiophile" ethernet cable.  But...that's another subject...

I didn't care for the Gaia 2 on my Thiel 2.7s with the carpet spikes.  Also leaned out the tone a bit.  But once I took the carpet spikes off coupling the Gaia directly on the carpet (over wood floor) I find out to be a nice 1/2 point between gaias and no gaias - some nice sonic benefits, but still nice tone.

Hi All - thanks for responding, not even sure my CS 1.2's need a re-cap, just that it's been 30 years. Thought some might have cooked up a formula for installing new transistors at home, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Hoping I don't need to ship them out for work, and they may need nothing. So how do the electronics in Thiels generally hold up over time, and is it better to leave well enough alone?  

Thiel placed focused attention on product longevity. The caps are high-temperature / long life, and resistors and coil are (practically) immortal. Driver tinsel leads might eventually fatigue and fail, but in the absence of extreme use or upstream problems, they rarely fail. I have 01s from 1980 still intact.

For peace of mind you might pull the woofers and look around.