Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

yyzsantabarbara

you will have no problem selling those CS 3.7 loudspeakers. Keep me posted on potential buyers.

Happy Listening!

@trickeydude ..... I am going to give you some advice based on personal experience .... very specific ... that may help.  Far and away the most cost-effective driver for the thiels is an Adcom brand power amplifier model 555ii.  It is highly transparent and highly capable of driving any Thiel speaker made, including yours.  Buy it used and only if it is in good shape and un-modified and it should run $400-500.  Pair it with an older Audio Research Corporation preamplifier from their SP6 series .... preferably an SP-6B but any SP-6 preamp will qualify. ...Note stay with the "6" series for both price and sound quality (you will find SP5s, SP8s, SP9s, SP10s, etc.  Some "6"s can now be had in decent shape in the $600 range.  Between these two pieces you will have a quality "high end" amplification system to match the quality of the Thiel 3.6's you have so fortuitously received (wish I had a neighbor like that!).  For now plug in your turntable, cd player, or tuner (or the tape outputs on whatever receiver you are currently using to get FM)  and listen.  If you want to upgrade later any of these your speakers and amplifiers will be good enough to quickly reveal the improvement.

If even the above recommendation seems beyond your budget, you many be better off just selling the Thiels.   They should bring somewher betwee$850 and $1300 on the used marketplace. if properly marketed.

Well guys after having demoed a Vitus SIA-025 Mk2 integrated in my system for a week i have decided to keep it.

It replaces my Gryphon Diablo 300 which will be up for sale.

Very happy with the SIA-025 - CS 3.7 combo, very musical and engaging and surprisingly the Vitus drives my Thiels better than the Gryphon.

The Vitus being a class A integrated it puts out much more current.

Vitus is very smooth, liquid sounding and full body.

thieliste - maybe we should all have a music party at your house to hear what a Thiel speaker can do.