Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

tomthiel

Thank you for your undying passion in R&D. I realize that it must be tough to perform such duties without a dedicated Hot Rod Garage nor Studio. Bravo! We all are better off with your presence here.  I enjoy reading about Thiel Audio via History lessons as well. Your mind is extremely sharp.

Happy Listening!

vair68robert

Thank you for your DIY contributions as well. How is your Summer?

Happy Listening!

jafant - I do love the R&D and do appreciate the support and interactions I get with you guys. I’m glad Rob is pleased and hope we get those Purity caps sometime soon. The new order seems to run on snail time.

It is difficult and frustrating to be working against the current. But, progress is being made. The declarations here about Cardas Clear Beyond caused me to overcome my bias from earlier Cardas wire which I found to be warm and dark. I require neutrality and now have a sample of their 15.5 gauge internal hookup wire for comparison. Tests this week!

In the general news department, Bill Thalmann of Music Technolgy in Virginia has finished upgrading my Classé DR6 and is working on the DR9s. He is also upgrading the CS3.5 equalizer which has been upgraded to best professional specs by Jim Williams of Audio Upgrades in California. I’m looking forward to visiting Bill to compare JT stock against JW, against BT upgrades and finalize that project. I will say that in my trials here, JW’s upgrade is a significant improvement over Jim’s (budget constrained) 1987 design. JW used a bigger transformer, regulated power supply, faster and quieter transistors and a couple more bypass caps. JT’s design had all styrene caps and metal film resistors which came through unchanged. JW’s upgrade has a more authoritative bottom end as well as a cleaner, more transparent upper midrange. The previous ’sparkle’ was an artifact. Progress, slowly but surely.

@jafant No i’m into streaming only now with my Aqua LinQ and Formula DAC.

Very happy with this combo.

Just wanted to find a much more musical integrated than my Diablo 300 and i think i found it with the Vitus.