Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
The 3.7 grill is a flat piece of perforated steel, covered in fabric, and attached to the front of the speaker with magnets.  I've never thought about this before but the grills on my ATCs are also perforated steel with fabric covers.  I've listened to both with grills on and off and didn't hear a meaningful difference in either.  Maybe a very slight difference but nothing better or worse.
jon_5912

Agreed. It is a cool invention (grill) that adds a touch of elegance to these loudspeakers.

Happy Listening!
Tom, I follow this thread religiously even if I don't contribute much, so I see YOU her several times a week, but thanks for the feedback in answer to my question.  Back in the '70's cables were just beginning to distinguish themselves and at the time I felt the M1000's were at least in the upper ranks.  But I do use Audioquests from the turntable to headamp.
@tomthiel

Can you clarify your project with the old 02s for me?

Are you experimenting with upgrades so as to advise other people in how to DIY upgrade their own pair?

Or will you be offering a service to upgrade a pair of 02s if sent to you?

Or will be you selling upgraded versions of 02s?

Thanks.