Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Anyone used Vincent audio sp-331? Says it can handle 2 ohms no problems. 1,000 watt ring core transformer 300 at 4 ohms. Buddy is using one for his legacy audio signature 3’s.
Tmsrdg - I can add a general perspective comment. The level and extent of exploration and custom development that went into passive components at Thiel was considerable. Many folks may consider Thiel's choices as strictly budget driven, but scores of hours were spent on each product to optimize and match the components both for sound and for cost balance. The biggest exception might be the resistors. Swapping in Mills MRA12s costs very little and has produced noticeable improvement in the several builds we've done recently. I have no direct experience with the 3.7, I'm merely extrapolating from general experience. 
Ayre power amps are also a great match with Thiel
My AX-5 Twenty and CS2.4s are singing. Years ago I ran a pair of CS1.6 with the AX-7. Also nice other than I yearned for more bass. And my only experience with the CS7.2 was paired with, I think, the V-1. That system was just short of the very best I’ve heard.
I have bragged about those yellow caps as state of the art, and they were in their day
Oh, no! Time to remove the radiator again? Lol

I do occasionally wonder about different bypass caps on the CSA coax feeds. We went with Multicaps but, in hindsight, I’m curious to hear something like the Audyn True Copper Max or Jupiter. Likewise, wonder how the Path Audio resistors better the Mills MRAs, if at all. Then again, that was a lot of work to make one change in one channel, wait for it to burn in, and carefully compare in mono. 
Maybe I’ll just listen to music and be happy rather than compulsive?
:)

With the 3.7, I wonder if Rob Gillum’s experience is related to those massive ELs which cannot practically be upgraded due to size and cost.  But, yeah, the Mills seems like low hanging fruit that is likely to make a nice sonic upgrade and for not much money.
tmsrdg

Thank You for reporting your experience with Rob Gillum at CSS. 
He knows Thiel Audio loudspeakers.

Happy Listening!