Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Too clinical, dry and thin to my ears. Silver cables will present this way on Thiel loudspeakers, especially, the newer models.

Sigh.
It's worth pointing out occasionally that there is no actual basis for such a claim, beyond imagination.

Audiophiles misleading audiophiles....
Anyway, back to Thiels...

@solobone22 --
If you listen off to the side and rather close to the tweeter you can hear crackling on music with strong lower treble upper mid energy - like timpani for classical music. If you listen out front you can't hear it at all at any volume.
I hate to say it, but I've discovered exactly the same issue with one of my 3.7 speakers. It happens most audibly with solo piano music. Just some occasional "tinsel" in the sound that you have to be up close and at a slight angle to really hear. But sometimes it's audible from farther away. I wish this was not happening and I'm not sure what I blown tweeter would really sound like. I mean, I played in a rock band as a kid. Now, we blew speakers. What I'm hearing is nothing like that.

" Just some occasional "tinsel" in the sound that you have to be up close and at a slight angle to really hear."

I've heard that in some instances from one of my 3.7s (and from the listening position).  Then I don't hear similar stuff for a couple of months.  Sometimes, I've gone back and played what I thought were the same cuts and heard nothing.  
You guys are on to something. I got a pair of 3.6s about 1.5 years ago and discovered the phenomenon you all are addressing. It barely, if at all, exists on the CS2.2 or 3.5, of great familiarity to me, and subsequently not very present on the CS1.5, 1.6, PowerPoint or 02. I have spent weeks, spread over months, learning about "tinsel", which I called "sizzle". My observations are anecdotal, but quite thoroughly studied and addressed. This sizzle has led me down a rabbit hole into a warren. I have teamed up with Douglas Pauley who has newly patented a technology to manage turbulent fluid flow - in this case air coupling to the room. Big story there, more later.
The sizzle problem revolves around the comparatively large flat area above the 3.6 tweeter, where the 3.5, for example, has none. With a manual or electronic stethoscope, I can hear the problem distinctly as sonic eddies skittling around that surface. One contributor is the mid-tweeter both driving the same frequencies from different physical positions and geometries. I can stimulate the sizzle most readily with female vocal. Yesterday I hung out all day with the Rhino collection of The Trio - Parton, Harris and Rondstadt. The 3.6s are at the north end of the room with the PowerPoints in the southeast corner and my 02 under development on a corner baffle in the same southeast corner. I switch speakers with knife switches to audition same cut, same equipment, same room at same time from the same listening position. The 3.6s are the worst offender by far.

Cascadesphil - my working hypothesis is that dry air and moist air couple and resolve the various forces differently - not a theory, but a hunch developed over the past year of experimentation. 

Grille cloth helps a little, but not much. My best solution has been pruned from bunches of ideas and materials, landing on UltraFine UltraSuede on F11 wool felt on the entire baffle. I haven't developed a meaningful measurement scheme, and such may be beyond my resources. I know through study that we're in esoteric territory. Another factor in play is the turbulent waveform launch from the drivers. Various technologies applied to driver bezels and faceplates aid in transforming that very turbulent launch flow into more laminar flow. Substantive improvements there.

There's much more to share, and I'll have some news to report very soon.