Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
thieliste

I have been chasing the Accuphase for 10 years now. Seller finally decided to sell. The Ayre mates superbly with my Integrated amp.
Once I heard the combo, I was enlightened.

Happy Listening!
All

thieliste and Tom brings up excellent points- why does one need (2) Players? In Tom's case, the older Philips is still viable now.
The newer PS Audio, will serve well for SACD playback and other modern duties. There is something to be said about these older, reference, Cd players. All do compact disc playback very well.

Happy Listening!
Does anyone have any info on the woodwork on the CS3.7? Is it solid wood or is there a veneer on it? I will talk with Rob Gillum next week or the week after Thanksgiving. In the meantime does anyone have any info on the wood panels. I would be interested to hear some feedback before I get too deep in the restoration work I am doing.

I am in the process of refinishing the wood. Rob told me to use 220-320 grit sandpaper to clean up the existing lacquer. I forgot to ask him about the composition of the wood.

Part II - This internet thing is so useful. 
http://www.theaudiobeat.com/visits/thiel_audio_carries_on.htm

I was looking at Hegel H590, would be interesting to try this one out with 3.7s.It also has a buildt in DAC for people who want a very simple rig.
I didn’t realize the 3.7s  had that many parts made in China. Thanks for posting the link yyz