Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
I’m just using digital sources. Tidal/cd player. The device going into it will be a fiio m11 pro dsd player. And seen as how the pairing is a splendid one the adcom isn’t going anywhere.
@thoft, OK, then you might not need the pre-amp part. As the eq only has single ended inputs and outputs, I wouldn’t be too concerned with the DAC’s balanced output performance. The Adcom GFA-5800 has a gain of 29 dB for full output via it’s RCA inputs. The equation for sensitivity escapes me for the moment (perhaps one of the other contributors can chime in) but an output of about 2 V ( 2V being the redbook standard, and 2.2 V the standard for HDCD, though for some reason quite a few DAC manufacturers seem to ignore these standards) or less will probably do. Many of today’s DAC’s have 32 bits or more capability, so long as the DAC has a volume control, and doesn’t have an especially high output, you’ll have bit’s to spare even with most hi rez material, with such a DAC there’s no worry of bit stripping due to reduced volume output. Though somewhat more unlikely: too low of an output from the DAC will prohibit the amp from offering full output. While some DAC’s offer eq functionality, most don’t have the 12 db range to adequately substitute for Thiel’s own eq. If you could find a DAC with the needed eq prerequisites, you could reopen the consideration of going balanced. But be warned, that even though the Adcom GFA’s rather unique reduced to 26 dB gain for it’s balanced inputs, the output of many if not most DAC’s balanced connections are often double that of it’s RCA outputs, and the concurrent required volume reduction could lead to a greater chance of bit stripping. If your using Tidal as your main streaming service, it's probably worth it to consider MQA capability.
@thoft Your looking to purchase 3.7s or 7.2s ?7.2s are really difficult to find and you better have very beefy amp to drive them like Krell FPB series of today's Gryphon.
thieliste

prof did an excellent job of comparing his 3.7s with his 2.7s ,

go back to about pages 40 - 50 and find his in-depth analysis .