Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
^You shouldn’t have issues with bass depth. Bass volume can be a bit shy. Do you have the eq set up correctly? Unless you’re amplifier and/or room compromised, bass should be a strong suit.
frankm

Welcome! The 3.5 loudspeaker is a Panel favorite. New, old or vintage this thread offers something for every Audiophile. Take your time perusing as there is a plethora of information. Have fun!
I look forward in reading more about your system and musical tastes.

Happy Listening!
unsound

I have the equalizer between the preamp (Marantz 7T) and the amp (Marantz 15). I've tried the 20 and the 40 settings but haven't detected any difference. I have had the amp and preamp completely gone through and restored as needed. The amp, although rated at 70 watts into 4 ohms is actually putting out 80 watts. I know that may be on the low side but the room is not large - about 12X12X8. The bass doesn't really seem to be significantly different from the equalized 1.2's. Maybe my expectations were too high; I was hoping to be able to feel it (without too much volume)!  
Can you hear a difference with the eq in or out of the chain? With the eq should make a noticeable difference. Otherwise your eq may needs a check up. I have had 2 of mine repaired as they are vulnerable to static electricity.
I’m guessing you meant un-equalized CS 1.2’s?
Checking the eq is a good suggestion. I’ve never had a problem with mine, but in the last 30 years there have been some reports of eq issues. Your available power is just about the minimum suggested for the 3.5’s, but it is a small (and not ideally proportioned) room, and that might the reason for the limited bass response. I’ll hazard a guess and say the 40 Hz setting will probably work better in your room.