Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
The Accuphase E-800 might be something to consider with 3.7s.This beast doubles its power down to 1 ohm !!
2 questions 

Has anybody had experience with Tantalum electrolytic capacitors ?

And would moving the bass crossover on the 3.6 ( or other models )
up to the chamber of the passive radiator have any effect ?

Thanks
Rob

Rob - I knew Tantalums from Bryston's 1980s designs, and checked them out. Not as good as our stock caps. Bryston abandoned them also.
Taking the woofer XO closer to the midrange driver would not be good.Some models would benefit from moving the XO to the cabinet floor, but the bottom is glued in. I've been running around this bush quite a bit. I will say that outboarding the crossover is having wonderful results. In addition to the gain in distance from drivers, add absence of vibration and freedom to mount components in free air, and lower ambient temperature for XO and for drivers, since the XO itself generates heat.
Thanks Tom
I am have a hard time finding " replacements " for the Topmay caps ,
I found AVS makes tantalums in the values needed and the are low 
ERS , so I was just wondering .
We talked about using 4 100uf 
Rob

4 @ 100uF is what Jim always used. People here have recommended Mundorf's lytics. Or ask Jeff at Sonic Craft.