Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
ctsooner

My 1st audio encounter w/ Vandersteen dates back to 1995. On that date I auditioned the 2ci or 2ce (I never can remember which iteration came first?). Then, there was the 2Ce/Ci Signature models for further improvement. And the 3A Signature for further advancement in presentation and soundstage.

This was my strongest contender loudspeaker to assemble my next system either ss or tubed gear to compliment.
A fateful audition w/ the Thiel CS 2.4 loudspeaker would change my trajectory forever.  The CS 2.4SE provided the icing on a very tasty cake.
Done.

Happy Listening!

Same with me Jafant - heard the 3.6's in the early 90's when they first came out and I was smitten -  25 years later still in my system,

I also own the mighty CS6 but they cannot replace the 3.6!

Started with CS .5 in 1996.  Targeted and finally acquired 2.4s in 2011.   
Pops - nice to see you. I picked up a pair of 3.6s last year and listened, and said wow. Then I measured it and said wow. Then I looked at the crossover and said wow. The 3.6 in 1992 followed the 1990 2.2. For the 3.6, Jim had delved into finite element analysis to make serious refinements to the driver motors to radically lower distortion - and Vifa loved the collaboration. Lots of that stuff is now in broad use.

The 3.6 was the last Thiel product in which I directly participated in the development. After that my work was almost entirely process and capability development for the coming larger products.

That tweeter was developed for the CS5 and trickled down to the 2.2 and 3.6.