Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Tomthiel,
I agree that the CS3.6 is the model to start with. There were so many sold, and they have had so many accolades, positive reviews, and historical references, that people who own them just love them, and people who dont, do remember them. There is nothing in the used marketplace, even close to thier audiophile sound qualities for the prices they sell for now. So once you get a couple of thier sonic flaws eliminated, and the word gets out that Mr. Tom Thiel (and Rob of Coherent Source) offer mods for them, one of the USA's most famous speakers (ever) can become a truly collectable "classic" item.

I will stick with my Thiel 3.5s and 3.7s, driven by MFA and ARC 6550 tube amps (respectively) of course. BUT, I do have a BIG solid state amp, that I'm not using, just PERFECT for 3.6s: Classe DR-250, 250 wpc, and one of the sweetest big amps ever made.
... my problem with collecting too many models of Thiel speakers is that I am an Audio Note dealer. I need the space for demonstration of Audio Note products. What you are doing makes me wonder if there is a market for a used/modified Thiel dealer, here on the West Coast... hmmm.
tomthiel,

Thanks again. I think this coming weekend I'll pull one of the woofers and see what is actually in there. I'm not sure if Rob is on vacation or super busy, but he hasn't returned my two emails.