Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Hey again, thanks for your responses to my post on Sunday! I also wrote Rob Gillum from Coherent Source Service, and he suggested I may have an "open circuit" on the voice coil - so I removed the fabric layer between magnet and dome structure and realized that the voice coil is broken at one point. Is there any kind of how-to guide you could recommend on replacing a voice coil? And can I use any old (or preferably new) 1" / 25.5mm voice coil? Thanks again for your help!
Jimi - work with Rob. A voice coil is connected to the dome and surround as a moving system. Moving systems are specific to their end-use with varying mass, compliance, impedance, wire gauge and geometry. Your CS1.2 tweeter was made by Vifa, and I don't know about its repair particulars, but Rob will.
Alright, that's probably the best idea. I would probably just make it worse if I tried to do anything with it =D Thanks again for your input!
Jimi - excuse me, the 1.2 tweeter might be Seas. But either way, it is not a generic tweeter. Long ago and far away, details blur.

vair68robert

Thank You for posting the article. Good to read that the MF-2550SE is a sonic match for CS 3.7 loudspeakers. The Premier 350SA is my long-standing reference Power amp.

Happy Listening!