Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
beetlemania...

Yup - I decided to accept the counteroffer immediately so I wouldn’t risk blowing the opportunity. 

Black ain’t exactly my color preference but hey, right now I’ve got the Maggie MMGi’s in place and their panel is all black.  The Thiels are narrower. Whomever is  gonna see the sides ain’t listenin’, anyhoo. 

Looks like I might have a little touching up to do on the base - otherwise the photos appear to show the cabinets in all around acceptable shape. 

I’m practically giddy.  I am so impressed with this integrated and how it delivers through the Maggies. 
It has a fairly robust separate power supply that attaches to the integrated with an umbilical. 

I’m running Transparent cabling on the Oppo CD player, the Bluesound Node, and the Peachtree Audio DaciT. The speaker cables are JW Cryonova 8 footers which are very similar to Anti-cables appearance wise.  I like these types of cables because I am able to route them without them touching other surfaces. 

All this under $3k. Woohoo. 
Hi Everyone,
My Anthem AVM20 pre/pro that I’ve had for over 15 years has just died. Originally, I was using my system for 75-80% HT and the remainder 2-ch. since then it’s now about 50/50. I’m looking for some thoughts on a pre/pro or preamp that has good synergy with my current setup, which I have slowly upgraded:
- Thiel 2.7s
- Bryson 28B2 monos
- Goertz Alpha Core AG3 speaker cables and Straightwire ICs
- Sony SCD-XA9000ES sacd player
- A dead Anthem AVM 20
- Martin Logan Descent sub
- and some cheap Sony blu-Ray player the model of which I can’t recall, lol!
I’d be open to going with a stereo preamp right now given that there seems to be a lot of change with HT at the moment with the evolution of object-based surround sound. In fact, I was originally going to get the Anthem AVM 60 but then Marantz came out with their 8805, then Emotiva with their RMC-1, and soon Monoprice with their 16-channel option...its enough to make my head spin!  Let me know what pre/pro or preamp you guys have heard (or possess) that has sounded good with a similar SS setup!
batmanfan

I'm running  Thiel 2.7s with a Bryston 4B cubed amp and BP17 cubed preamp.  IMO, Bryston preamps and amps were made for each other. 
(I envy you with those 28B monos!)

The BP 17 cubed can be ordered as a stand alone preamp, with an excellent DAC, with an excellent Phono stage, or with both. 

Just a thought

George

Boy oh boy, people here sure like Bryston amplification more than I do :)
(Strictly speaking it's not a problem with Bryston which are very competent amplifiers.  I guess it's just that having owned Bryston, having friends using Bryston etc, for me that brand is the "poster child" for solid state amp sound, and I'm an inveterate tube amp guy when given the choice).
Thank you brayeagle—got those 28s used! I will definitely audition the BP17s, thanks for that suggestion. I also took a quick look at the SP4s and while the specs look incredible, I just can’t drop that much coin on tech that seems to change so much. @Prof, I’m actually very much interested in looking at options outside of Anthem and Bryston, and hopefully I’ll get some more feedback on what people have liked with their SS amps and Thiels. I’m a little nervous getting into tubes as I’d just be a noobie in that area. I don’t know how long they last, if tubes need to be replaced often, they look so delicate, are used tubes reliable, etc. Certainly this fear comes from ignorance and I’m the first to admit that I’m probably going to just stick with what I know and have used in the past: solid state. That said, if I can find more time to lean about tube preamps and can save up some money, I may venture into this arena. @Prof, what preamp do you use?