Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

thosb

Thank You for the update. Proper seating can indeed improve the Aural experience much like moving speaker location (dial-in / toe-in).

Good to read that you reach a sweet spot for your room.

Happy Listening!

Right back at ya jafant!

Did y'all see the thread re the interest in resurrecting Dunlavy?  Curious if anyone can compare the Dunlavy sound to Thiel?  Geoff Poor was the first guy who explained the importance of time/phase coherence to me, he was also involved in Dunlavy I think, I ended up with used Thiels rather than the new Maggies he had me listen to, but hey the concept stuck.  And I bought a BAT amp.  

Also, what about Coincident speakers relative to Thiels?  What piqued my interest here was system posted by cal3713 (who also had some words of encouragement for me to try to upgrade my XOs after reading the erudite discussions on this thread - y'all have fans out there!), he went from 2.4s to Coincidents.  Just wondering what other time/phase coherent speakers sound like.
thosb - vertical lobing is a central draw-back from first order crossovers. Your ear must be at the right height to receive proper integration. The closer to the speaker, the more critical is the correct spot. Target design was 35" at greater than 8'. (I heard that 35" migrated to 36".) My studio doesn't have a couch or living room seating and the lowest setting for my adjustable chairs gives 42". My solution uses a drywall square - a big aluminum T. I clamp it to an inside speaker face with the long arm centerline at 36" off the floor and tilt the speaker until I am sighting straight down the square's long arm. Vertical tilt is much more important than toe-in due to the vertical arrangement of multiple sound sources. Coaxes are more forgiving than individual drivers, but still interact with the woofer.

FYI: part of the mechanical upgrade is a threaded front spike for easy tilt adjustment. 
I have a pair if Thiel 2.2. Paired with McCormack DNA 1.0. Oppo 105D Tidal streaming. The SQ is excellent.