Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
prof
I found Audience and AudioQuest cabling sonic matches for Conrad Johnson gear.  Hope this helps.
Happy Listening!
Jafant

Your Cable recommendations are always appreciated ;-)

Which CJ gear have you owned?
As usual I am impressed at the level of discourse on this thread, entertaining, educational, and consistently civil despite differences in opinions experiences and ears - bravo!  

Probably a pedestrian observation, but a new chair made me realize how important ear level relative to coax driver is.  Long story short - new chair, whitewashed sound, bummer by chair is here to stay, took me a couple days but realized the added elevation made a HUGE difference.  Tilted the 2.3s up by a full 0.5” to compensate and wow, back to the good place.  Interesting to realize that the Stereophile measurements agree with my ears.  Happily my listening skills appear to be improving!  Full details - new chair puts ears 4” higher, from 32” to 36”, and the coaxs are at 32”.  Ears are 8-9’ from speakers.  

I am an outlier here,  but i have had great success with sound using MG Audio speaker cables between the PS BHK amp and the 3.7's.  My friend Bob who has a system virtually identical to mine is much more dedicated to auditioning multiple speaker cables and interconnects. He uses some version of the Nordost speaker cable, and Cardas for the main interconnects. 

prof

a few Summers ago I test drove a CJ MF5600 amp with LS 16 pre-amp.

At that time I was holding out for a Premier 350SA. Cabling was low tier Audioquest and not too bad all things considered. I auditioned Audience cables and power cords from 10 years ago that occupied a Reference CJ set up (Premier 350SA / ACT2 Series 2). A very fine combination to my ears. I will report that on the upper tier CJ gear, stock power cords, are surprisingly excellent for those not into aftermarket products.

I have always been curious about the CJ Evolution  2000 amp.

It looks like a DIY experiment project.

Happy Listening!