Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Ronkent
______
I just looked at my Paypal history, and, yes indeed, I did pay you for the Sound Anchor stands on the 29th. But, I probably misled you by telling you about the Outriggers I bought on Ebay (without knowing which speakers they fit). And, I may not have advised you, after I paid, to look at your Paypal account to confirm. So, when convenient, please send them. My CS2.0 and CS2.2 are waiting for them.

Thielrules
________
Wow, I had hoped these Outriggers would fit my CS3.7. 13.75" seemed so small, and the CS3.7 look so big.
Breyeagle and TomThiel
"I have a Thiel SS2.2 sub for the 2.7s, using a PX05 passive crossover, specifically tweaked for the 2.7s. It really helps..."

I use a Thiel SS2.2 sub for my CS3.7s, and a PX05. I can barely tell the difference with or without it. I am thinking it is supposed to work that way, because the 3.7 have fine bass without any subwoofer, so adding it just provides a little of what the 3.7 cannot do on their own.
Does anyone else have Outriggers installed on ANY Thiel speaker? I would like to know the distance between the front 2 spikes (center to center), to know which models the pair I just bought will fit.
warjarrett,

There's a slight difference in  the low freq spec for the two speakers:

3.7:  33 +/- 2 db        sensitivity 90
2.7:  35 +/- 2.5 db     sensitivity 87

I notice differences in the lower notes on double bass viols, pianos, organ pipes, and in the impact of a near-instanteneous change in dynamic range (soft to ear-splitting.)  

( Redbook classical CDs > BCD-3 > BP17c > 4Bc > Thiel 2.7s with SS2.2)
CS2.4 outriggers, one set with two spikes per side, have the attachment screws about 12-3/4” apart.