Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
The radial wavy plate midrange of the x.7 presents a better launch-pad for the center-mounted tweeter than does the previous midrange cones. The cone double diaphragm allows a much shallower front profile than standard, and is therefore more benign than some other coaxes. But off-axis listening does change character. The x.7 wavy plate seems immune from those effects of geometry in addition to being an order of magnitude stiffer.
Anybody looking for used Thiels should check reverb.com.  I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned here but they've got pairs of 3.5s and 3.6s right now.  They've also got lots of Bryston gear and other speakers and electronics.  
Also, two pairs of CS2.4 on ebay right now. One pair is rough cosmetically and no pics of the drivers (asking $1500) but the other pair has no obvious damage to the cones ($1800 but you have to like black). With Tom Thiel XO mods, these can sound crazy good.

dsper

Good to see you again. Hope you are well and enjoying the Summer at your locale.  Happy Listening!

Hello everyone, it’s been a long time. Lost my job and finally got a new one, so my audiophile hobby was put on hold. Had a chance to dust off my system and start listening again. Man I love good music and good sound!

Curious if there is a sonic difference (improvement) when adding outriggers, or it is merely to stabilize the speaker? In particular, does it change the sound from my 2.7s? I got them used a few years ago and the original owner didn’t have any but if there is a difference, I might try to track down a pair, perhaps Rob might have some?
Also, is there a difference in sound (again improvement) if I use the stabilizer feet that does come with the speakers in case I can’t source any outriggers? I apologize if this has been discussed previously or in another thread. If so, I would greatly appreciate a link to them. Thank you for your thoughts!