Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
tom,

Did Gary have anything to do with the development of the Bryston speakers?   I wondered when I saw him in that September 2013 video, as he mentioned Jim Tanner's desire to develop a speaker line for Bryston.

It's nice to know Gary was in on the development of the 2.7s (my primary speakers!)

BTW: My call sign, brayeagle, was meant to be grayeagle (Air Force career) but somehow was entered as brayeagle.  My son often asks me if someone in the head shed thought I was a cross between a donkey and a buzzard,. 

George
When New Thiel took the reins, Gary held out for Phase Coherence in the new products. He was over-ridden by the New Team, including Steve DeFuria and Bob Brown who had been long-term Thiel supporters and associates. They said that Gary had "drunk the kool-aid". Gary left New Thiel when Mark Mason decided to pursue Canadian-type, non-coherent designs.
I've written this before but it's a cryin' shame that New Thiel completely abandoned Jim Thiel's design principles. At that point, why even keep the name?

Meanwhile, I'm still happily drunk on the kool-aid of my upgraded 2.4s. Last night, I yet again found myself locking into the music (16/44 Mary Gauthier via Qobuz) despite having my attention elsewhere.
Eagle - I think the Bryston speakers had been development a long time, but Gary may have been in on final tweaking. He has a good ear and did lots of listening with Jim during development over the years. BTW: Gary set Rob up with a pair of 28Bs. If they are Gen 3, I think that's Bryston's top of the line. Their amps have gotten more and more refined over the years. I'm planning to hear Rob's this summer.
I drank the kool-aid too!! Back in the early
90s it’s delicious!!!! Have 3.6s which I love trying to upgrade to cs5i or 7.2s!!