Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Bluestone, I concur. Last time I talked to Rob, he showed me how many more mid-range he could rebuild and it was the last batch of cones. So, we will need to find a suitable replacement even if we have to compromise. I don't agree with the criticism of the 3.5 and I still have 2 pairs in daily use and the bass is fantastic. The mid-range is an essential part in this. Will be happy to do some measurements and see what could be a good replacement. Is the dayton audio dats v2 adequate to measure the specs of my current 3.5 midrange? Would a digital xo filter with 3 amps per channel (still have some decent ht amps I could use) be an alternative??
Will I find the exact replacement I need that will bring harmony to the existing crossover? Not likely, but chances are good that I'll find something 'good enough'.

The thing is it's not like replacing a Mazda 6 with a Toyota Camry.  If you have a different midrange driver, the sound balance may be too off that it would make the sound unlistenable and since our hearing is most sensitive to the midrange, the problem is exacerbated.  For example, if the new midrange driver causes the midrange level to about 2-3db higher than it should be, then sound may actually hurt your hearing.  Or if the new midrange driver ends up to have the region around 6-8khz to be elevated, you'll have excessive sibilance ... well I think you understand my reasons.
Andy2, I understand that.  My point is how close is close enough?  Do we know there is absolutely nothing out there that will be close to the original mid, so much so that using the closest aftermarket driver will be obnoxious?  I know it won't be exact.  But I don't know if a replacement driver will be 1) totally wrong for the speaker, impacting the sound in a harsh or muted way, or 2) close enough that certain nuances are noticeable, but acceptable.  That's all I'm saying here.  Short of finding an original mid and having it rebuilt, what is the next best option?  I currently enjoy my 3.5s with a Scanspeak aftermarket mid, I just want to know how close I can come to the factory mid, that's all (because I am likely missing out on the full capability of the speaker).  Chances are good that any direction I go towards the original specs will be an improvement that I'm willing to live with, or without.  
Still futzing....built a set of non bi-wire speaker cables w Canare wire, silver aQ spades and silver solder today...  I . was running zippy do dah test bench speaker wire extensions as all I ever seem to have is biwire stuff... anyway sounding even better.... they the 2.3 are good for sure