Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Tom, will do.  I'll post the analysis on my website, which I will link to once I complete it.  
tomic601 - one thing to check is the coax drivers, be sure your 2.3s have the upgraded drivers - sn#4567 was the first to have been converted to these at the factory per Rob.  I bought my 2.3s used, lower serial number, but luckily the coax (and xover) had already been upgraded.  The upgrade gets you the same coax driver and xover as 2.4s, if I understood Rob correctly.  

Here's Rob's full response to one of my questions re this upgrade - 

There were two versions of the CS2.3. New style, and old style. The new style began at serial numbers 4567. The new style consisted of having two magnets on each of the coaxial drivers. The old style had only one magnet. Both versions used ceramic magnets, and the CS2.4 incorporates Neo magnets. Much stronger magnet 10x. The CS2.4 coax cannot be used with the CS2.3 properly. The coax rebuild is $250 each, plus shipping, and can be rebuilt in either version. The new style coax had a two part change to the crossover network as well. You can remove your coax for inspection, and tell whether it is a double ceramic magnet or only one, like the old style. If you need to rebuild both coaxes, then the associated crossover parts are free. Let me know how I can help.
Again, how great is it to have Rob and others on out there helping us get the most out of vintage (in my case) gear! 

Speaking of vintage, tomic601, I am digging your vintage system, just need fresh pics with the Thiels!