Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
pwhinson
Thank You for the update. I am hoping the Paradigm Persona 9H fares well in your system too. I can tell you that something along upper Magico, Vandersteen or Von Schweikert lines will better a Thiel. Keep us posted on your Audio journey.

Happy Listening!
I will add my two cents here:  A good friend and I both own 3.7's, and found they improved a lot with the addition of a good sub (we both got REL S/5 SHO).  the comment above "The one thing the Thiel’s do wrong is I believe they compress and distort a tiny bit on full scale orchestral recordings at high volumes" is something i too experienced with 2.4's, 2.7's. and even 3.7's. However the addition of a great sub should really change that. A properly set up sub does more than just add deep bass notes,  it really fills out a system and allows the full power of the orchestra to come through.  If i had the space and the $$$   I would have two but not now.
@ronkent,
How do you handle the crossovers with the REL/3.7 combo?  I own the 3.7 and have been thinking of the same thing.
Todd
Easy.  I use the cable provided by REL and run it to the speaker connections on the back of the amp.  REL sounds much better this way, and is their preferred hookup,  over going to the low level inputs. If you have a PS amp,  you will need an extra connector to prevent hum when the amp goes into standby.   Todd it is money well spent as my friend Bob just wrote me and thanked me for talking him into pairing a REL with his 3.7's
@pwhinson Thank you for that generous offer. It just further illustrates my point about how wonderful this community is.

I would absolutely like to take you up on your offer! However, one thing I did not mention in my previous post is that my wife is extremely pregnant with our third child and she is about 2 weeks away from her due date. My audio journey is on hold for the next 12-14 weeks or so. I will shoot you a message when I start my travels back up again. Thank you!