Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
pwhinson
Good to see you again. I agree that your room is well damped, not overly damped to my ears. How does your speakers sound at 8 feet apart? Then 10 feet apart? I see that you arrived at 12 feet apart. The sweet spot for a pair of CS 2.4 loudspeakers is the original 8 feet apart. I suspect that one could adjust this measure to accommodate a larger room/space.
Happy Listening!
PW - Your listening position is far enough away to allow wider spacing, but anything over 10' gets dicey for center-fill. I generally consider distance to walls as more critical than distance between speakers. Your 5' behind is ideal, at less than 3.5' (±) the auditory brain tries to conflate the bounce with the primary signal causing smear. Great at 5'.Small side distance stimulates room modes as well as exascerbating the reflection bounce. 2.5' is very close to the wall. As an experiment, can you bring the speakers together?

I avoid same dimension behind as beside. If 5' behind, then perhaps 4' beside, leaving approximately 9' between.
I apologize in advance if you have tried and ruled out these ideas.I am quite interested in how you are using the PowerPoints. Please share.

Latest update:
  2.4’s, Proceed CDP driving a NEW Psaudio 250.
  The Psaudio now over 100 hours is settling in. What a great amp!
  The Thiels have disappeared. Such detailed and layered imaging. Gotta say I really can appreaciate the linearity of the Thiels now.
   Only thing is they are a little hot. Maybe it’s my eardrums as I age (63). But snare drums strikes are pretty harsh . What would the upgrade cap set do to the sound?
   I am days away from getting the Psaudio signature preamp so I got that going for me too.
thanks for you input .
gasman117,

It seems that you have the CS2.4?  I do not find them "hot" at all.  Actually I think they are just a touch on the warm side although they are very transparent so it could be the electronics.

My front end equipment are Ayre QB9 DSD, Pass Lab XP10, SimAudio W7 amp, Acoustic Zen Hologram II cables. 
gasman117Thank You for the update. It is good to read another PS Audio customer here. ronkent was out first endorser of this brand and loves his system's synergy. Which cables/power cords are you using currently?
Happy Listening!