Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
tomthiel,

Thank you also for your contribution over here, much appreciated!!

Sorry no readable serials on my loudspeakers.

The driver motor distortions are less than 1/10th of anything else I have seen. And the dual cone driver has extremely low breakup 

This is the main reason I came back to Thiel. Off the top of my head, the only drivers that  I consider clearly better than Thiel are the Vandy carbons and TAD beryllium coax, maybe some of the diamond tweeters. But those designs are well out of my budget. Jim T should be lauded for his efforts in making this level of performance available to working people. And, now, with better passive parts the performance level of those drivers gets really close to the $$$ designs.
Finished the second loudspeaker and there seems nothing wrong, except my jaw is laying on the floor, what a great great great sound!!!

This still without the Jantzen wax coils.
I'm loving the enthusiasm I'm hearing from you both.
Beetle - indeed there are great expensive drivers and some including Vandy who took Jim's lead in using copper motor shunts. Jim invented the solution on first principles and only when applying for patents did he learn that the solutions were lying fallow in the public domain for a long time. Faraday Rings.
Holco - your coil wire is ERSE or Jantzen 4-9s round and bonded, so your foil coils will be different in geometry and bonding only. Your comparison of the round vs foil is of great interest to me.  
Tomthiel,

A transcription about the Jantzen wax coil’s from a Dutch guy I really trust, Tony Gee

To get straight to the door: I absolutely love it! 8) With the 1.5mH Wax Coil I did a 1 to 1 comparison with a normal air coil with 2mm wire (Rdc = 0.22ohm) and a CFC-12 copper foil coil (Rdc = 0.21ohm), both from Mundorf. Furthermore, I have used both the 1.5mH Wax Coil and the 0.47mH Wax Coil in a number of different filter configurations.

What is immediately noticeable compared to an ordinary air coil is the large increase in spatiality and placement of the individual instruments in an orchestra. This phenomenon is something that ordinary copper foil coils also have, so not surprising that the Wax Coils in that respect are better than standard air coils. But what they offer even more than a normal copper-foil coil (and I’ve fallen for that), is the whole natural and expressive harmonic structure. Strings sound delicious to wood, intestine, horsehair and resin. Sopranos have a natural heat in their voice, etc.

These positive qualities are best reflected in classical music, singing and acoustic instruments, with "produced" popular music in particular the extra spatiality.