Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
I would like to make a correction from my post above.

3. Cap C6 & C7 may not be critical. They along with inductor L2 form a notch filter at around 2.5KHz and most of the time, there is no current through them. R4 is actuall more critical (see below) so again, use some basic audiophile grade cap such as Clarity. 

C6 & and C7 are critical so you should use high end cap such as Mundorf or Jatnzen silver or equivalent.  

have you compared Clarity, Mundorf, and Jantzen (or others)? Which ones?
I have used the Clarity CSA (the older version, not the latest one with their newer Copper Technology), Mundorf Supreme cap, and Jantzen Z-Silver.

The CSA is OK I think but compared to the Mundorf supreme cap, it has a bit of a haze and the soundstage is a bit constricted and lacking three dimensionality.

When I used the Mundorf Supreme, I was actually a bit surprised at the amount of improvement.  There is additional soundstage bloom, more palpable, and a marked improvement in detail retrieval.  For example, in Cowboy Junkies Trinity Session, the background noise of the recordings is quite a bit more apparent with the Mundorf vs. the Clarity.

The Jantzen Supreme Z silver has everything of the Mundorf Supreme but adds a subtle layer of extra detail in the treble.  It is very detail and may be just a bit too much detail on the treble but in a good way though.  It also needs a longer break in time.  If you have a high end setup, I would recommend the Jantzen over the Mundorf but both are very good and the difference is minimal.