Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
tomthiel
I concur with sgmlaw. This is outstanding information. Thank You, for the continued history lessons and unique insight into the vaults of Thiel Audio. Hope you are well today and enjoying working in your Hot Rod garage.

Happy Listening!
beetlemania
Thank You for your diligent hard work on the XO project. Good to read that Mr. Rob Gillum is of service to you as you guys figure out a working prototype. Do you have a Hot Rod garage like Tom?

Happy Listening!
@jafant not a garage like Tom’s who has 2.2, PP, 3.6 with 1.6 on the way. I only have my SEs, which are no longer SEs. I am giving Tom subjective impressions of a couple of caps and bypasses among other XO possibilities. Already did the Mills resistor subjective comparison. I’ll just say that the improvement put a smile on my face. 
I hope that wire choices don't significantly drive up the cost of these upgrades that the team is working on.  I won't weigh in on the overall audio cable debate, but transmission line effects are generally not relevant in audio equipment, at least the analog audio frequency sections (pcb design for digital portions are another matter altogether).  There is a reason audio equipment output impedences are so much lower than input impedences, and it isn't to control reflections.  Maybe you could go a bit a la carte and offer the crossover update with or without the wire upgrades?
beetlemania

Right On!  Putting a smile on one's face perfectly describes our hobby.
Keep up the excellent work.  Staying tuned.

Happy Listening!