Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

Thanks Tom.

My issue is that I simply couldn't use any of the Thiel subwoofers (despite that I sometimes see them for sale on audiogon!). 
My 2 channel listening shares space with my home theater set up, so the room is packed with speakers already, and the only place I have for subs is under my projection screen along the front wall - behind my Thiel 2.7 speakers.  The Thiel subs are all too large and would intrude in to the picture area, so I had to find the smallest subs I could buy, of good quality.  Fortunately the JL Audio E110 subs fit just right, and come with truly excellent reviews.

But...it is such a headache to do the whole sub thing right that I just haven't got around to it.  Some people spend frightening amounts of their time integrating subs. It's not uncommon for me to read "after several years I've finally got my subs perfectly integrated!"  Yeesh!
The 'sub problem' is what drove Jim to take the bass as deep as possible in each model - because subs are inherently difficult. Bass is a problem in most rooms, regardless of what makes it. Many manufacturers side-step the problem by attenuating the bass and complementarily the top end for easier room integration. One of the factors for migrating from sealed to ported (and passive radiator) bass is that the ported bottom dies faster and therefore stimulates room modes less.
Jim to take the bass as deep as possible in each model - because subs are inherently difficult.
The CS2.4 has useful output down to ~30 Hz. The 3-series down to upper 20s. The CS7.2 down to the mid 20s. Compare those to the lowest fundamentals of all but an organ:http://acousticslab.org/psychoacoustics/PMFiles/Module05.htm
Until I win the lottery, I'm going to put my money where >99% of the musical content is.

I once heard the Wilson W/P 7. On a live recording, it produced an eery facsimile of the hall. I've never heard anything quite like it and I initially ascribed it to the Wilson's low bass. But, while that model does have some useful sub 30 energy, turns out I was hearing the Wilson mid-bass hump; a pleasing *coloration*!
hi fitter468,

I have both 3.6's and CS5's. 

Both are very good.

To my ear, the CS5's are much better in the treble and high mids.

FWIW

Thanks for listening,

Dsper
These speakers are really good and therefore have to be matched with really good electronics.   If there are flaws in the preceding components, cables, etc. they will be exposed.  Thiels can be wonderful or really annoying if great care is not observed.