Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
silvanik - in a twist of serendipity, I heard the 3.6's at that show in Milan, visiting Enrico Tricarico, Thiel's Italian distributor and prior football star. I think my visit was in 1992, when the 3.6 was first introduced. I spoke some Italian then, not much now, but I can read it a little from knowing Latin, which I do remember fairly well and has served me well in my travels in Latin language countries: Italy, Spain, France, Bolivia and Brazil, although Brazilian Portuguese is a pretty far stretch from the other languages. My understanding was good enough to save my life when lost in backwoods Brazil without my companion. That's another story, related to how I established Pau Ferro as our standard veneer in 1990 / CS2 2. There's no end to fun with wood.   Cheers.

I remember my first encounters with the Thiel 3.6 at a local high end store, in the 90's, where I got to play a bunch of my CDs.

I had the distinct impression of "that's exactly what it sounded like" when the music was recorded, both in terms of the character and liveness of the instruments, and exact character of the recording itself, and no obvious character/resonance etc from the speaker. 

I think it was one of my first encounters with a really neutral, accurate sounding speaker.   I'd had a similar impression listening to Quad ESL 63s, but it was the first time I heard that from a "box" speaker. 
Tomthiel,
That is exciting about the 7’s and the possible upgrade path. If I hadn’t needed to downsize I would have stopped at the cs6’s. I will take a serious look at the 7’s now on sale. Assuming they are legit, my peculiar room might just be fine for them. Remember the cathedral ceilings of the 80’s? That’s my room. 
@Tomthiel, I'm curious about the nature of your commune.  I spent much of my childhood in a very religious commune and my parents still live there.  From what I've read I think communes were fairly common for a while but I don't have any perspective.  Was your commune religious?  How long did it last?  
Hi all been enjoying your conversation of the larger Thiels and have been eye balling  a pair of cs7 available. In great shape from a notable source but certainly not a deal. I have already decided the 2.7 and 3.7 will never leave my home. What are the top sonic diffrences between cs7 and the 3.7?  
Prof i know love your CJ amps do you know anything about the Conrad Johnson Premier 350 - 350 Watt (8 Ohms) Reference SS AMP? Any one else have any experience, would be for possible cs7 or my 3.7

Thank you for the guidance,

Dan