Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
dsper
Thank You for the update. I like CJ gear as well. What cabling is in your system?   Happy Listening!
tomthiel - thanks for the Benchmark link (a few pages ago), that was a very helpful piece of education for me. Has anyone tried the AHB2 with their Thiels? Based on the literature this one has moved to the top of my list, if I can't find a great deal on a used amp in the meantime. jafant, is it on your list of contenders?
dancastagna - have you tried the PS Audio M-700s on any of your bigger Thiels?  Would you recommend these as primary amps for our hard-to-drive Thiels?  Your HT setup sounds amazing btw, is it posted in the systems section?  And +1 on the amp list, great idea!
Hi jafant,

I have not spent a lot of time with cabling as my moves with amps, preamps, and DACS tend to be going up the food chain and I see big improvements as I audition this type of gear.

Having said that, I use less expensive Cullen Cable interconnects on single-ended short runs. These replaced the discount store garden variety and I could tell that the sound became cleaner and more detailed. Interconnects scare me as I have no idea where to start and the prices seem to go absurdly high quickly.

My speaker cables are 14 gauge multi strand copper about ten feet long, which I think is short enough to not worry about cables too much. I have read too many articles about blind testing that indicate that listeners cannot tell a difference.I was also influenced by by Roger Russell who was the Director of Acoustic Research at McIntosh http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm#differences.

Thanks for listening

Dsper

dsper

Cullen Cable has a pretty good following. Historically, I have heard CJ gear with AudioQuest and Audience cables & cords only.  Remember, this is the forgotten or overlooked component.

Happy Listening!