Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
sandydennis11
Thank You for the prelim report on the JC5.  The manufacturer specs look incredible to state the least.  No doubt that this power amp will become a modern classic.  A few years ago I spent some time w/ the HCA-3500 and it is a beast as well.
Looking forward to more reports as you massage this amp into your system/room.  Happy Listening!
jon_5912
yes, your are correct about John. I believe that in the beginning, he used the Parasound integrated amp,  then graduated into separates. 

Happy Listening!
brayeagle
Good to see you. Your Son will be a lucky soul someday for inheriting your system.  Hope you are well and ready for the Fall season.
Happy Listening!
Wait, wait...I'm confused here: the Parasound JC5 doesn't double into 4 ohms and isn't even rated into 2.  I thought these were important criteria.  What am I missing?
Todd
Todd - the doubling down spec proves the amp is not current limited. This amp is technically current limited (doesn't double down), but the current specs are so high as to be plenty strong for the job. I think I read that it is rated into "short term 1.5 ohm loads", and the output stage delivers enormous current. As (perhaps prof?) someone said earlier: at some point enough current is enough. A full lab analysis would be nice, but John Curl and Parasound have stellar reputations.
sandy - can you get any more information regarding the 2 ohm behavior of this amp?