Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Indeed, the inboard and outboard options are different beasts. Space / layout constrains parts selection inboard. Making progress every day.

Regarding spikes . . . my knowledge is rather primitive, since all my work was long ago, before any commercial products were available, so there is plenty I don't know. I'll tell what I know. We found hearable and measureable time-domain slurring caused by recoil-swaying of the "unanchored" speaker cabinet. The woofer moves the cabinet in amounts which are very significant to tweeter frequencies, especially their transient attack/timing/phase behavior. Over many years' experience I found the presentation to be more focused with spikes. And transient tests measure more cleanly when spiked. As usual, there are other considerations. Speakers on carpet usually sound smoother, mellower . . . more polite, "nicer". I judge that mellowness to be caused by subtraction of transient detail. And another thing: direct coupling to a wooden floor can cause coupling resonances in the under-structure, euphonic-harmonic and/or dissonant, which are not stimulated with the insulating carpet or isolation-type feet. Another note is that spikes that are not locked down can absorb energy via motion losses between the threads.

There are so many particulars and mitigating circumstances that I hesitate to comment. But you asked, and my comment is that rock-solid stability at the micron scale aids the speaker in its job of transient replication.
Thank You - tomthielyour description of coupling and resonance nails it down perfectly. I would like to think that Outriggers adds a bonus aspect on an already perfect loudspeaker design.
Happy Listening!
hi Tom and Jafant,   this thread gets better and better.   thank you all so much.  I would,  from my experience with both brass feet from mapleshade, and the GAIA feet, try them in your system.   i liked the brass feet a lot, and my girlfriend preferred them over the GAIA,  but i like the openness and extra  dimensionality  that the sound had with the GAIA.  I preferred both to the stock feet.  For what it is worth,   Harry Weisfield of VPI uses the GAIA under his KEF blades. 
This thread keeps getting better and better! Tom thiel I enjoy reading all your posts! I have owned my 3.6s since 1992/93 that I purchased new I would be interested in an upgrade probably inboard  but would consider outboard unless I find a pair of cs 5is Thanks David
Welcome! fitter468good to read that you found this thread and have been a Thiel owner since 1992/93. I look forward in learning more about you and your system. Musical genre(s) , tastes as well.
Happy Listening!