Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
@prof I should add that the layouts will be different, especially for the outboard solution. This, more than the change in parts quality, is why Tom wants to ensure that the new orientation is not deleterious.
Oh, right, I forgot that the new crossovers would be outboard.  That would almost certainly rule them out for me.
ronkentI can offer my perspective on the outriggers query. During my initial then critical auditions of the CS 2.4 and CS 2.4SE loudspeakers, my ears found that the CS 2.4 can go without the outriggers (carpet over slab). The CS 2.4SE exhibited a subtle overall sweetness from top to bottom with the outriggers (carpet over slab). I did listen to both models over 100 hours each prior to making my decision about which speaker to purchase.I figure that coupling plays a factor regarding the CS 2.4SE. Perhaps Tom or Rob can share a little more insight?Happy Listening!
I forgot that the new crossovers would be outboard. That would almost certainly rule them out for me.
Tom Thiel is planning both as options. The outboard versions are likely to be more tricked out. Internal mounting is space limited and reduces the options for big capacitors and so forth. From the pics I’ve seen, the CS3.7 has one or two 100 uF electrolytic caps and something like four 75 uF ’lytic caps. Upgrading all of these to film caps (probably Clarity CSA) will need a lot more space and it seems unlikely that you could simply replace the ELs with film without also changing the layout . . . and taking a bite out of the cabinet space. Still, Tom is planning an upgrade path for those who don’t want to go outboard.