Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
I prefer the sound *with* the outriggers. Not sure how much is due to better floor coupling versus the added 2” higher axis.
Has anyone tried comparing the sound with and without the outriggers that Thiel provided?

i asked my distributor if he could order the lastest crossovers in 2015 he told me Thiel didn't have them available anymore.

Well, the only person to ask now is Rob Gillum at Coherent Source Service. He has an easy inquiry form on his website and he has replied to my multiple queries within a few hours if it’s a business day.
ronkent,

Yes for the most part I've used the Thiels sitting on my floor (shag rug over wood floor) - no spikes, nuthin'.

I like playing with speaker positions so I recently put some Herbie's gliders under them (which screw in to where the spikes go).  It raised the Thiels a bit and to my ear thinned the sound a tiny bit.  I tried to make up for the height change by angling the Thiels a tiny bit down toward me.
Seemed to get a bit better.

But whenever I've tried footer thingy's, the tone of the speaker gets dark and base gets less tight.  Everything snaps together when they are just sitting on the carpet.
@beetlemania,

Thanks for the updgrade info.  That's more comforting that parts values will remain so similar.
@prof I should add that the layouts will be different, especially for the outboard solution. This, more than the change in parts quality, is why Tom wants to ensure that the new orientation is not deleterious.