Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
tomthielThank You for the update. Hope you are well and having fun testing, building cross-overs, guitars and speakers. I have personally lifted and carried models CS 2.4, 2.4SE, 2.7, 3.7 during the many auditions at various dealers/retailers. In my mind, it is hard to believe that any of those cabinets are deemed "noisy"? Keep progressing forward in our hobby.
Happy Listening!
Jay, the cabinets are very quiet, but some issues are present. The 3.7 sings a little where the side meets the cap, and so forth. I'm just saying that we can make incremental improvements beyond the original performance parameters. Such on-going improvements happen regularly in many high-end product lines. We intend to keep Thiel alive in that way.
Right On! tomthielI think that it is safe to say, this Panel,  is behind you all of the way.
Looking forward in reading about your next research update. Hope that all of your knowledge and resources are working out well.Happy Listening!
Improvements are always good.
But for me I have to say the last thing on my list I'd write down as "needing improvement" is the cabinet behavior of the 3.7s.
I say that because I find the 3.7s to already beat just about any other speaker I've heard in terms of sounding utterly boxless.  It's one of the main things I notice every time I came home from auditioning even the latest, greatest speakers.  The 3.7s disappeared as detectable sound soruces (at least in my room) more effortlessly than any of them.
Prof, I agree with you. The cabinets are extraordinary in both anti-diffraction and inertness. I regard Thiel's cabinet engineering as state of the art. The approach I am taking is to investigate all areas where additional input might make improvements. Various test reports, such as John Atkinson's thorough work in Stereophile, show various resonant anomalies which I may be able to minimize with minimal cost.

The drivers are fixed and excellent. The cabinets may benefit from small tweaks. The crossovers are the main focus. New improved parts quality throughout and optional outboarding are the main impetus. We are experimenting with 4-nines foil coils in the signal-path feeds and up-sized 4-nines round wire in the shunts, Mills MRA-12 audio resistors throughout and returning to point to point layouts. This undertaking is a labor of love for me and in no way meant to disparage the existing products.