Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
@beetlemania,

Just wanted to say:  Thanks very much for all the work you are doing and letting us know the results.  Much appreciated!
@prof My pleasure. I *am* doing this mostly for selfish reasons (I want to have killer speakers at a price I can afford). But am glad to help Tom Thiel and Rob Gillum develop an upgrade that will benefit many more.

I'm pretty excited about it and think the "final" product will be a substantial improvement for our already excellent speakers. Tom continues to refine the parts list. One of the last pieces of the puzzle regards the paired 100 uF caps that are common in many models. Jim Thiel chose electrolytics for these because film caps in this value are quite bulky and *very* expensive. Also, to his ears these were less important sonically (they are in the shunt position so do not directly carry the signal). Others disagree, however, so we're going to compare a couple of film cap choices as replacements. One is a custom cap from Clarity so it will probably be at least another month before Tom can begin his evaluation.
Oh to have a few million to resurrect THIEL to its Glory Days, now with Tom THIEL at the helm. 
Sigh.....

Larry Staples
If Rob Gillum has the kit to fabricate drivers, it wouldn’t be a huge stretch to make new, improved versions of the cs2.4 with Tom’s XO design. Jim Thiel’s last drivers (x.7) were the best but I think those had to be outsourced. But the Lexington made coax and woofer in the 2.4 aint too shabby 😀

Not shabby at all - beetlemania

hope you are playing a few tunes today and enjoying the xo project.

Happy Listening!