Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

Astound indeed! oblgny

Very sweet pic of the B.A.T. in your Virtual Systems profile.

What kind of base/block is it resting?  Also, good to read that B.A.T. and Transparent cabling are sonic matches.  This is important for future upgrades via Transparent  w/o switching brands (unless you wish to do so). I like those 70's Joni Mitchell discs, well recorded.

Happy Listening!

Jaco could certainly Rock a fretless bass -Jon.

Reading over this thread, I cited, Pearl Jam "Ten" as a 90's reference because it is very well recorded for that period. Jeff Ament uses a fretless Bass on many of those numbers. The instrument really struck me upon my first Thiel demo with CS 2.4 speakers in a special light.

Happy Listening!

Thank You Robinbarbour
I knew I should test that to see if the pop moves to the other speaker,
but moving the 56 lbs off the shelf was a last choice, I thought I'd ask others first.

You want to hear Bass !
Try Sandy Denny's 3:10 to Yuma    or
David Crosby's Cowboy Movie.

Prof
do you sit that close with both sets ( are you moving them in and out
of position ? if so my back hurts thinking about it ) ,
how much do you angle inwards ?
I have just about the perfect 8 foot triangle ( hard to be perfect with sloped speakers ) with about a 10 degree angle inwards .

Rob
Rob,

Yes, about that close to either the 3.7 or 2.7.  I tend to listen to one pair for a couple weeks, then swap them for the other pair.

Angling varies depending on how wide I've placed them or if I desire more lively sound.  I only ever use the tiniest angling in when I do, but usually no angle - facing straight ahead.  I still get excellent center-fill, even from the wide spacing and not angled in.